Animal Medical Clinic offers both full-service veterinary care and high class boarding accommodations. Our boarding facility is clean and cheery and is staffed by caring attendants who will love your pet. If your pet becomes ill while boarding, the doctors on duty will be notified to examine your pet immediately. You will also be notified to give permission for any non-emergency treatment.
- Dogs – We provide air-conditioned runs and cages for canines to allow us to best accommodate your pets according to their lifestyle. Dogs are individually leash walked outside at least 3 times a day, more if needed.
- Cats – Felines prefer to be in a quieter environment than their canine friends. We provide a separate room for them to relax and enjoy their stay.
We provide plenty of toys, blankets and bowls here for your pet’s comfort. We prefer not to take any personal belongings in our boarding facility, so we ask if you can keep personal items at home for them to enjoy upon their return.
- We normally feed our boarders Science Diet twice a day. If you wish to bring in your own food we will be happy to feed it as directed, however be advised that we will not feed commercial raw diets in our hospital due to the risk of bacterial contamination. We also keep certain prescription diets in stock. Please ask for a list to make sure your food is available.
- Fresh water is available at all times.
Baths – While your pet is here we offer bathing services for your pet at additional charges. Our baths include:
1. Ear Cleaning
2. Nail Trimming
3. Anal Gland Expression if requested
There are certain situations in which pets have special needs, and normal boarding rates do not apply. Please ask us about our Special Care rates. Some of these conditions are:
1. Diabetic boarders
2. Medical boarders – any that require more than 6 medication administrations per day.
3. Aggressive boarders
- Holiday policies are in effect for New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Memorial Day weekend, Independence Day, Labor Day weekend, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- A $50 dollar deposit will be required at the time a holiday reservation is made. If the reservation is cancelled, the deposit will be refunded only if we are able to fill the spot from our waiting list.
Long Term Boarding and New Customers:
Long term boarders are those that stay with us for more than 14 days. We ask that two weeks be paid in advance. If the plan is to leave them for a month or more, then we require clients to leave a credit card number. We will bill it every two weeks. When an animal is boarding for 7-29 days there is a discount on boarding fees. If here for 30 days or more there is an additional discount.
New Clients – We require that new clients pay at least half the total fee estimate in advance.
Doggie Day Care
Tired of coming home from a long day at work to find that your dog has plowed through the trash or ate your favorite shoe? At Animal Medical Clinic we offer a fun, safe environment for you to drop your furry companion off for the day. Our daycare service allows your dog to enjoy a day with friends – human and canine.
Benefits of daycare for your four-legged family member include:
- Socialization for those who become anxious at home alone
- Monitoring for those with health concerns while family members are at work or school
- Veterinarian on premises if medical attention is needed
- Mental stimulation for those who get bored easily
- Our facility is not rated to withstand major hurricanes. Therefore, if a Category 3 or higher hurricane is forecast for this area, we will not accept boarders, and we will ask that current boarders be picked up. We may not be able to care for them.
- During hurricane season, clients will be required to tell us who will pick up the pet in the event of a major hurricane.
- If a Category 2 or lower hurricane is forecast, we will accept boarders.
- We will only accept current patients. Clients may not schedule an exam only to established for hurricane boarding.
- If we are accepting boarders, we want to help as many people as we can. To avoid no shows, we will only take reservations if they are prepaid. They will have to be paid from the day the reservation is made until the day after the storm is forecast to be past us. If the pet stays longer than that, you may pay the balance when you pick up.
- Hurricane reservations are non-refundable and a signature is needed confirming that the client understands this. Therefore reservations must be done in person, or a letter with client’s signature can be faxed or emailed to us, requesting the reservation and acknowledging 1) the amount of the deposit, 2) the days it covers, and 3) that it is non-refundable. In that case we can take a credit card over the phone.
Requirements to Board:
If updated vaccines are necessary, the doctor can administer them with an exam. Additional fees will be charged accordingly.
- Distemper-Adenovirus-Parainfluenza-Parvovirus (DAPP) vaccine current
- Rabies vaccine current
- Kennel Cough (Bordetella) vaccine current
- Canine Influenza is recommended for frequent boarders, but not required
- A negative test of internal parasites within the past year
2. RCP (Upper Respiratory)
If your pet received vaccines elsewhere, we will need written proof of the vaccinations from a previous veterinarian.
Sunday pickup hours are 8am-10am and 4pm-6pm.
Please contact our Kennel Staff for any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org